Whether you are VI or sighted, there are plenty of jobs to do at LOOKfest! and we need your help. Volunteering for LOOK is great fun! We are a supportive and welcoming community. It is also rewarding! Supporting others and being part of a team feels great and gives your CV a real boost to boot! We want to give all our volunteers a chance to develop their skills and try new things, and there are plenty of important roles for everyone. Please come along and get involved!
We hope volunteers will join us on site from Thursday 25th and leave on Monday 29th. This is to give everyone time to settle in, get to know each other and the site before the event. There will be plenty of jobs to do in preparing the site for our guests and plenty of clearing up to do afterwards. Glamping accommodation, evening meal on the thursday, breakfast and lunch on friday will be provided.
Roles will include:
- Stewarding shuttle bus service
- Ticket office and reception
- Car park and camping stewarding
- Toilet and facilities attendant
- Directing and orientation support
- Activity assistants
- Catering tent and bar
- Litter picking and clearing walkways
- MC / compere
- Shop assistant
- Stewarding: either in a tent or around the site
- General hosting: making sure everyone is happy and comfortable
- Sighted volunteers may be buddied with a VI volunteer to carry out their roles if required
- Site build and take down
- All volunteers must fill in an application. The success of that application is at the discretion of Look UK. You will be informed on 6 May 2019 if your application is successful.
- You have the option to pitch your own tent on the site for free, or be allocated a bed in one of the volunteer glamping tents for a heavily discounted fee of £20.
- All volunteers must read and agree to the volunteer agreement before accepting a place on the team.
- Sighted volunteers may be paired with a visually impaired volunteer, in order to help that VI volunteer fulfill their role. We will of course take all requests into consideration, but the allocation of volunteering roles and pairings is at the discretion of Look UK.
- Volunteers need to attend a training for site build, orientation, introductions and sighted guide training, one day prior to the beginning of the event. (July 25th)
- Look UK will give references for volunteers on request.
- All volunteers need to have a DBS. This can be processed by Look UK.